It’s been a hot minute since the last protein recipe! I didn’t know how this Chocolate & Marzipan Protein Loaf would turn out but it was actually very tasty so I thought I would share the recipe.
Baking with Protein Powder
Using protein powder is an easy way to increase your protein intake and make your sweet treats a little bit more macro-friendly. Plus, I have a serious sweet tooth so I need to come up with healthy-ish alternatives!
For this recipe I used Marzipan protein powder from Myprotein because I ran out of vanilla, but you could use any flavour that you like.
Chocolate & Marzipan Protein Loaf Recipe
200g self-raising flour
50g Marzipan protein powder
80g baking chocolate
1tsp vanilla extract
200ml almond milk
You can adjust the recipe to your own preference. For instance you can use any type of milk, almond flour, nutmeg instead of cinnamon or swap the chocolate for cacao powder or chocolate chips.
- Add the flour, protein powder, cinnamon, eggs, vanilla extract and milk into a large bowl and mix together until getting a smooth mixture.
- Melt the chocolate in a pan with a little bit of coconut oil.
- Pour half of the mixture into a loaf tin.
- Add the melted chocolate into the bowl and mix with the rest of the mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mix into the loaf tin.
- Bake at 180°C for about 20-25minutes.
Enjoy your Chocolate & Marzipan Protein Loaf 🙂
To receive easy protein recipes, fitness and lifestyle posts in your inbox (once a month because who likes spammers) feel free to subscribe to the monthly round up right here: