If you love peanut butter and healthy treats you will want to bake these protein blondies! Definitely a fail-safe, super gooey and not so naughty recipe.
Cozy Sundays Call for Baking
As you may know I love to use protein powder in different ways such as baking sweet and healthy(ish) treats. On this first (and rainy) Sunday of October I was craving a comfort treat, something really gooey, a peanut butter flavour with a hint of chocolate.
That’s how I came up with this tweaked blondies recipe made with just five ingredients. Let’s not forget that I’m still far from being a pro in the kitchen and the less ingredients the better. If you don’t have any eggs, butter or flour, you can still make this fluffy protein blondies. Totally fail-safe.
How to Make Peanut Butter Protein Blondies
So if there’s no eggs, no flour and no butter, what’s in this recipe? Chickpeas of course. These beans have become a popular healthy substitute to milk and eggs for diet-friendly and vegan desserts. Chickpeas are a great source of plant-based protein but also fibre, iron and vitamins.
To make this recipe even higher in protein I also used the vegan peanut butter protein from Vive. This brand is 100% natural and sweetener-free. I use Vive protein pretty much everyday in my morning oats and looks like it also makes delicious baked goodies!
You can make this recipe entirely vegan by using vegan chocolate chips.
Ingredients (for 8 blondie squares)
- 2 scoops of Vive Peanut Butter Protein
- 80g chocolate chips (vegan if you’d like)
- 1 can of chickpeas (400g)
- 100g peanut butter
- 1/2 glass of almond milk
Step by Step
- Rinse and peel the chickpeas.
- Melt the peanut butter in the micro-wave (one minute is enough) just to make it easier to blend in with the other ingredients.
- Put the peanut butter, chickpeas, protein powder and milk into a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Add more milk if it seems too sticky.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, add 80g chocolate chips and mix by hand.
- Grease a baking pan, pour the mixture in and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top
- Bake in the oven for around 30min (the top should be cooked but the inside will still be very soft). Let it cool down before trying a piece.
If you’d like to see another recipe with Vive Protein have a look at my vegan carrot oatmeal 🙂
To receive easy peasy protein recipes in your inbox (once a month because who likes spammers) feel free to subscribe to the monthly round up right here: