Ready in no time and protein-packed, this Vegan Carrot Oatmeal does not disappoint! If you’re craving a creamy and warm breakfast that will fill you up for hours, give this recipe a go.
Why eat plain oats when you can give them so much flavour with a simple twist? I’ve been trying different porridge recipes lately (check this Exotic Protein Porridge out) and this Vegan Carrot Oatmeal is becoming my favourite brekkie as we’re going into the cold season.
I wasn’t sure about adding carrots to my oats but it’s actually a really satisfying combo. Plus, nuts and cinnamon flavours complement the slightly sweet taste of carrot.
As I go to the gym first thing in the morning I make sure to have a protein-rich post-workout brekkie. Adding protein powder to your oats does the trick, especially if protein shakes are not really your thing.
Vive Protein: 100% Natural Protein Supplement
I made this recipe after placing my first Vive Protein order. This fairly new company is UK-based and is probably one of the most natural protein brands you’ll ever find.
Their plant-based protein range is gluten-free, dairy-free, soya-free and doesn’t contain any artificial sweeteners. The Peanut Butter flavoured protein I got is made of brown rice and pea proteins plus peanut flour. You must wonder what it tastes like then. Well, it tastes natural.
I wouldn’t say that this protein is the best for a protein shake, especially if you like yours sweet. However I use it a lot in my oats as it gives a subtle peanut flavour without overtaking the taste of the other ingredients. Plus, one serving gives you 20g protein which comes from a 100% natural source.
Bonus points for the handwritten note they put in your package. It’s always a nice gesture.
How To Make Vegan Carrot Oatmeal
- Your usual amount of oats
- 1 carrot
- Almond milk
- Cinnamon and ginger
- 2 small scoops of Peanut Butter Protein Powder from Vive (Vegan)
- Nut butter (I use almond butter for this recipe)
- Peel the carrot, cut some thin slivers for later and grate the rest of the carrot.
- Add the milk, oats, carrot, ginger and cinnamon onto a saucepan over medium heat
- Stir whilst it’s cooking. Add a bit of water if the mixture is getting too thick.
- Once you’re happy with the consistency, pour into a bowl.
- Add a spoon of nut butter, the carrot slivers and add more cinnamon if you’d like. You can also top your porridge with raisins or coconut.
Enjoy whilst it’s warm!
If you want to receive some protein recipes in your inbox once a month (no spam!) feel free to subscribe right here: